Friday, July 6, 2007

"Almost Wonderland" is a play...

So now that I have that worked out let's move on, shall we? I feel like, and I know I should be, coming at the play from a different perspective. It's had two productions, the first of which I co-directed, which were Youth Infringement 2002 and Canterbury Arts Fest 2003. Gone through a succession of drafts, I've lost track, but at it's very core has never changed. Even when I essentially rewrote it once with the help of my lovely and talented writer mentor Lesley Buxton, going into auditions for Youth Infringment, it still had its centre and I believe soul, Alice Liddell and Charles Dodgson and their relationship.

I have in mind all these incredible images and pictures of how I want it to be, how I want to use the backyard, the play itself in this environmental space.

Themes:
  • escape
  • dreams
  • wonder
  • stories
  • love (different forms, focus on father/daughter)
  • family
  • exposure (especially camera sense)
  • topsy-turvy
  • loss
  • growing up

No comments: