Friday, July 6, 2007

Mysterious, genius, a tad eccentric

I consider this a journal, a record, a meeting place...but sometimes trying to sound all creative and artistic is hard work let me tell you. Although I want to in some bizarre way because somehow my mind is making me believe that I have to be and in some way justifying that. I have to be mysterious and a genius and maybe a little eccentric. Because after all, I am an artist.

That's also a hard thing to say: I am an artist! What a loaded statement, and that produces a myraid of different responses. Everything from: okay, that's great, always good having a hobby but what's your day job? to that's wonderful, where I can see some of your work? You have to brave to be able to say that, to believe entirely in yourself and what you do, to trust that deep within to the very core of your soul and your entire being that you are what you say you are. And that's damn difficult. Sometimes I worry that I'm not that brave, and sometimes I feel like giving up, and sometimes well...I am that brave, and I have that much courage.

Alot to think about but who wants life to be boring?

Mary

No comments: